Salam n hye everyone~!!
***UPDATE (11/6/2016): Business registration via the SSM website / e-Lodgement is no longer available. Please refer to this post (here)***
For those who do not have the time to go to any SSM (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia) office, you can easily register your business online. This post is dedicated to give you a step-by-step tutorial on how to register your business via SSM's website. Most credits should be given to Asma & LinTeddy, whose tutorials are the ones that I referred to when making this tutorial.
First of all, this is solely for small-scale business, especially businesses from home or online businesses. To put it simple, businesses where you handle your own account & don't have to publish financial reports - that is for private limited (sendirian berhad) or limited (berhad) companies only. And second, this tutorial is for Google Chrome users only. ^_^ Plus, you must have an updated version of Adobe Reader.
*** Note: This tutorial is done based on the registration of my friend's business, in which I helped her to register. Some details are covered to protect her privacy.
Phase 1 - PSP User Registration
1) Go to SSM's website (www.ssm.com.my).
2) On the homepage of the website, click on the "e-Lodgement" button on the right side tab.
3) Click on "PSP User Registration".
10) For the "Jenis Pengguna" field, choose "Individu". As for "Jenis Pendaftaran", choose "Warganegara". Make sure to use the name as stated in your IC.
Phase 2 - SSM Subscriber Registration
1) Go to myGovernment's website homepage and click on "Pendaftaran 'Subscriber' SSM".
18) You will also receive an email stating that the payment has been successful. [End of Phase 2]
Phase 3 - Application for Business Name Approval
1) You may only proceed with Phase 3 after 24 hours or so of completing Phase 2 (or the next day).
2) Go to myGovernment's website homepage and click on "Permohonan Kelulusan Nama Perniagaan (ROB)".
Phase 4 - Online Registration of Business
1) Check your application status. If it is approved, you can proceed with this phase. Remember to copy the Reference No. (e.g. ROB28042014-01456648PSB). Then, click "Direktori Perkhidmatan Atas Talian" on the left side tab.
2) Next, click on "Carian Perkhidmatan Atas Talian", type "ROB" and click "Cari Perkhidmatan".
3) Look for "SSM - Pendaftaran Perniagaan (ROB)" and click in the link.
4) Make sure this is the "Online Registration of Business (ROB)" page.
5) Scroll down the page to "Step 1" and click "Open Form A".
6) Insert the Reference No. that you have copied earlier in the "Name Approval No." and then click "Verify Name Approval No."
7) Automatically, some of your details will appear in the form. Proceed with filling in the other blanks. For "Date of Commencement of Business", I advise you to put in the date that you fill this form. (e.g. if today is 30th April 2014, put that date instead of putting the real date of when you first started your business). Next, for "Registration Period", you can choose "1 year" - in which the current fee is RM60. You may choose other than that if you're not on a budget, like me, hehehe...
8) In the next page, for "Information of Type of Business", click on the "Search" button first.
9) Type in the keyword of your business (e.g. I typed "retail sale" since my friend sells clothes online; as for my own business, I typed "craft"). Then, click "Search".
10) Look for the most correct description of your business and check/tick the box, and then click "Select".
11) Automatically, the "Information of Type of Business" is filled. Check/tick the box next to the "I/We confirm..." statement; and as usual, the "Submission Date" is the date when you fill up this form. Then, click "Finish".
12) Ignore "Step 2" and proceed to "Step 3". Click on the red-highlighted "1".
13) Here's another form to fill in. For "Ownership", choose "Sole Proprietorship". And for "Submission Date", the usual step like before. Then, click "Finish".
14) After you have filled in the form, the "1" link will automatically become blue, which means you have successfully completed the form. Check/tick the box next to the "I agree..." statement and click "Submit".
15) Next, you have to make payment for the registration fee. Make sure to choose "Direct Debit/FPX" and "Individu" as shown below.
16) After the payment is settled, you will receive this email.
17) You can check your application status on the "MyPage" page. People say that it takes up to 1-2 days for SSM to approve the registration. But sometimes, it only takes a few hours.
18) The registration for my friend has been approved in more or less 2 hours only. You will receive an email as below, and your SSM certificate is included in the attachment.
19) Here's the SSM certificate of my friend. If you wanna see GPC's SSM certificate, you can click here. So now, you can legally run your business, hihi~... ^_^ But do remember to renew your certificate, hehehehe...
Arigatou gozaimasu ありがとうございます~!!
Thanks for browsing & happy shopping~!!